I am the Schools and Families Lead at TM Falmouth and recently have been looking at Godly Play training. I would love to be able to offer it across the diocese, including all the TM churches. I have recently heard that it might be possible to put on the 3 day training here in Truro diocese in January or February 2021. In case you are not familiar with it, here is a link: https://www.godlyplay.uk/ I think this style of Bible story telling is appropriate in many settings, including schools, churches and toddler groups.
The trainers have never delivered a course in this diocese before, so it would be great to be the first!!
The normal cost for a 3 day course is £320 per person, which I recognise is far too much for the average children and families leader in church. So I am doing my best to reduce the costs. I am hoping to get the price down to £150 per person. This is where I am up to so far:
• I will apply for a Funds For Mission grant from the diocese to reduce the cost per person
• TM Falmouth will also give some money to reduce costs
• We will put up the 2 trainers here, so their board and lodging are free
• Jane Horton is looking into the possibility of using Epiphany House, Truro, for the 3 day training
• We will advertise across the diocese to get as many people as possible (minimum 12 to make it viable).
Please let me know if you are interested, in the first instance, and also if you know anybody else who would like to do this. We need a minimum of 12 people, so do ask around any of your contacts.
Schools and Families Lead
Killigrew Street | Falmouth | TR11 3PY