Transforming Ministry Magazine Digital Edition
What do I need to tell our Readers/LLMs?
The digital edition of Transforming Ministry was announced in the Winter 2020 edition of the magazine (p.36) so many of your Readers/LLMs will already know about this. Now would be a good time to share some encouraging good news and inform them that, for 2021, subscribers through the diocesan scheme will have free access to the digital edition and all the added value material on the website.
- Page-turning pdfs of each new edition
- Option to read online or download to read offline
- Fully indexed and searchable archive of Transforming Ministry (and its predecessor The Reader)
- Over 500 book reviews plus extended reviews not available in the printed magazine
- Online-only material such as seasonal resources and Advent and Lent features.
You will need to explain that to access this material they will need to register on the www.transformingministry.co.uk website using the voucher code in the Chaplain’s email.
You might want to mention that an individual Print + Digital subscription to Transforming Ministry for 2021 is £15, i.e. the diocese is giving them a gift worth £15 towards their continuing ministerial development.
When should I contact my Readers / LLMs
You could do it now. It might also be helpful to remind them about the free access to the online material at the beginning of January when the Spring 2021 edition of the printed Transforming Ministry magazine arrives through their letterboxes.
What exactly will Readers/LLMs have to do to subscribe and gain access?
Please include this information in your letter/email to Readers and LLMs.
- Go to the transformingministry.co.uk website
- Click on the MAGAZINE tab in the Navigation Bar at the top of the page
- Hover over SHOP NOW in the Navigation bar
- Select DIGITAL from the SUBSCRIPTIONS drop down list
- Click on the green box ADD SUBSCRIPTION TO BASKET (at this stage it will show a charge because the discount code has not yet been applied)
- Enter the code sent in the email in the grey COUPON CODE box then click the green APPLY COUPON box which will reduce the price to zero for the year
- Click PROCEED TO CHECKOUT
- Enter your personal details including your diocese
- You will need to enter your debit or credit card details in order to proceed but you will not be charged. The subscription will auto-renew in a year’s time but you will receive an email in advance of the renewal date so you have the opportunity to cancel or change your subscription should you wish
- You will then receive an email confirming the order and detailing how to download the digital magazine or view online. You will also be sent your login details and password (which you can change through your account on the website)
- If you use social media, please follow us using the website links to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to keep up to date with news and information.
What will happen for digital magazine subscriptions in 2022?
It is too early to predict whether we will be able to continue this offer into future years. It may be necessary to ask individual Readers to pay an upgrade fee if they wish to retain access to the digital options.